UWVC reaches a wide audience of veterans and supporters through our annual calendar of events and activities, including the New York City Veterans Day Parade.
- This event has passed.
Valentines for Veterans
February 18 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The United War Veterans Council invites you to send a very special Valentine’s Day treat to a member of the NYC Veteran Community by participating in our “Valentines for Veterans” event!
Participation “Valentines for Veterans” is open to all ages.
Help us make Valentine’s Day special for our veterans by taking part in one or more of the following activities:
- CREATE VALENTINES (no glitter, please!) to send along to the United War Veterans Council office to be distributed at VA Hospitals in NYC.
- VOLUNTEER alongside local Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts to pass out cookies and valentines at VA Hospitals in NYC.
- DONATE Girl Scout cookies from our Girl Scout Digital Cookie link and ship the cookies directly to the VA Hospitals in NYC!
Details about Valentines for Veterans 2019:
- VALENTINES mailed to the UWVC office must be postmarked by Friday February 8, 2019. To deliver valentines in person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
- VOLUNTEERING is open to adults, students, Girl Scouts, and Boy Scouts. Our student volunteer date has been set to President’s Day, Monday February 18, 2019. Volunteer roles are limited. Please register today by filling out our volunteer registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/PpzI3iNGRdhnRU
- COOKIE DONATIONS: In addition to providing a treat for our veterans, your cookie purchase supports the Girl Scouts of Greater New York and provides a mutually beneficial, intergenerational volunteer opportunity at VA Hospitals in New York City. When placing your order, please ship the cookies directly to the Volunteer Offices of the NYC VA Hospitals (provided below). Please remember that you may purchase cookies from any Girl Scout with a Digital Cookie link. If you do not know a Girl Scout with a Digital Cookie link, please consider supporting the following Girl Scout: https://bit.ly/2SYGhRN.
Thank you for your support of “Valentines for Veterans” 2019!