UWVC reaches a wide audience of veterans and supporters through our annual calendar of events and activities, including the New York City Veterans Day Parade.
SAILAHEAD: Take a Veteran Sailing 2019
July 21 @ 11:00 am - 7:30 pm
You’re invited to attend SailAhead’s 5th Annual “Let’s Take a Veteran Sailing” event!
Sunday July 21, 2019
Arrive between 11:30 am and be parked by 12pm (noon).
* SailAhead cannot guarantee a spot on a boat if you arrive past 12:00pm.
Centerport Yacht Club: 33 Beach Plum Drive, Centerport, NY 11721
To RSVP: https://forms.gle/Bop2Ld8HUvyB9iDt9
The event is for veterans only, and requires the following form to be completed to officially register for the event. The UWVC has 30 spots available, and you are only confirmed once you’ve completed and uploaded your SailAhead Liability form (see in form below) as well as emailed it to Mr. Bob Santo at Bob@SailAhead.org.
This is an outdoor event. Please bring your lunch, snacks and plenty of water, as well as sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, proper footwear for boating (entering, exiting, moving around a boat without slipping or losing your footing), etc for your trip. Please bring these items with you in a small and convenient bag (please do not leave in your car, as there will be limited access to your car after the event begins).
ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED AT THIS EVENT.
All confirmed guests are welcomed to a barbecue following the SailAhead event from 6pm to 7:30pm.
Driving Directions to Centerport Yacht Club:
• Long Island Expressway (495) to Exit 51 North
• Travel north on Deer Park Rd. (Rte 231) and just past the Northern State Parkway overpass bear left at the fork and continue on Deer Park Rd. (Rte 35) toward Greenlawn.
• Follow Deer Park Rd. which ends at Jericho Tpke (Rte. 25)
• Cross over Jericho Tpke onto Park Ave (Rte. 35).
• At the second traffic light, turn right onto Broadway-Greenlawn (Rte. 86) and follow for several miles through Greenlawn village.
• Cross over railroad tracks (the road will become Centerport Rd.) and continue to Rte. 25A.
• Cross over Rte. 25A (E. Main St.) onto Little Neck Rd. Go past 3 stop signs.
• At the top of a double s-curve hill, turn right onto Morahapa Rd. to the stop sign. Bear left onto Beach Plum Drive and continue down the hill to our parking lot.
SailAhead questions to: Mr. Bob Santo at Bob@SailAhead.org
UWVC questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SailAhead website: http://www.sailahead.org/