A Holistic Approach to Helping Veterans
The UWVC coordinates a series of health and wellness programs that provide therapeutic benefits to veterans, including:
- EQUINE THERAPY: Horses help veterans cope with mental issues by increasing feelings of calm and empathy.
- SAILING: Veterans work together to overcome challenges by harnessing the elemental power of the sea.
- ART THERAPY: Enable veterans to safely expressing complex feelings and issues through creative works.
- RUCKING: Military-style marching/hiking with weighted backpacks; provides fitness and mental health benefits.
Integration with Legacy & Education
We integrate many of our health and wellness activities activities with our legacy and education efforts, by connecting veterans participating in our therapeutic programs to military and veteran history and highlighting the positive contributions of veterans to our society.
Health & Wellness Partners
We are grateful for the support and participation of our health and wellness partners, including:
- Serenity Stables from Combat to Calm
- Ani Art Academy
- Samaritan Daytop Village Veterans Program
- Sail Ahead
- Jon Bon Jovi Foundation Soul Kitchen
- Five Guys (Schrewsbury, NJ)
- Umberto’s Pizzeria (Fair Haven, NJ)
- Texas Roadhouse (Holmdel, NJ)
* * * *