The United War Veterans Council invites you to send a very special Valentine’s Day treat to a member of the NYC Veteran Community by participating in our “Valentines for Veterans” event!
Participation “Valentines for Veterans” is open to all ages.
Help us make Valentine’s Day special for our veterans by taking part in one or more of the following activities:
- CREATE VALENTINES (no glitter, please!) to send along to the United War Veterans Council office to be distributed at VA Hospitals in NYC.
- VOLUNTEER alongside local Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts to pass out cookies and valentines at VA Hospitals in NYC.
- DONATE Girl Scout cookies from our Girl Scout Digital Cookie link and ship the cookies directly to the VA Hospitals in NYC!
Details about Valentines for Veterans 2019:
- VALENTINES mailed to the UWVC office must be postmarked by Friday February 8, 2019. To deliver valentines in person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
- VOLUNTEERING is open to adults, students, Girl Scouts, and Boy Scouts. Our student volunteer date has been set to President’s Day, Monday February 18, 2019. Volunteer roles are limited. Please register today by filling out our volunteer registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/PpzI3iNGRdhnRU
- COOKIE DONATIONS: In addition to providing a treat for our veterans, your cookie purchase supports the Girl Scouts of Greater New York and provides a mutually beneficial, intergenerational volunteer opportunity at VA Hospitals in New York City. When placing your order via her Digital Cookie link, please ship the cookies directly to the Volunteer Offices of the NYC VA Hospitals (provided below).
Thank you for your support of “Valentines for Veterans” 2019!
Volunteer dates available (please fill out our volunteer form):
Thursday February 14, 2019
Friday February 15, 2019
Saturday February 16, 2019
Sunday February 17, 2019
Monday February 18, 2019 (President’s Day, student day)
Join the UWVC for our Valentines Workshop on Friday February 8, 2019!
To register for the Valentine Workshop: